[SML] Swapping Grand and Midstage Curtain

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:57:22 UTC 2019

Speaking of snubbing knots, here's a golden oldie from Dave:
http://hstech.org/how-to-s/how-to-tech/rigging/methods-how-tos-instructions-etc/714-holding-a-flyrail-handline-in-place112

I'll add that I've done the curtain swap and the one thing I'll add is
breasting. Depending on your grid height and distance between line sets,
you could breast the two lines closer together. I've chained two pipes
together, dropped one curtain onto plastic and then just transferred the
second directly from pipe to pipe. What you do not want to do is put too
much side load on the sheaves nor any abrasion on the cable.

One thing: This is a good time to check your hand-line knots to the arbor.

Edited:

--
Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician