[SML] Painting Chrome

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 23:38:14 UTC 2019

1st, thanks for the bed discussion.  However, we found a wonderful looking, ornate, wrought-iron bed in our own inventory.  IN spite of its weight, the director was OK using it, and we will simply keep it on the ground.  The director decided to make space for it, as is.
2nd task; I have a modern-built chrome wheel chair, with bicycle type wheels, that looks like something from a century ago, with its wood and wicker seats. But, the chrome isn't at all period, so, I need to somehow paint it.
Aside from sand-blasting, to roughen the metal before painting, is there any other approach I can take.  I would ideally like a brass or bronze look, but a back wrought iron look is OK as well.
Also, the wheels have the grey non-marring type of tires that modern wheelchairs have. In the past, I have used some black permanent markers on some casters that were the same gray, but the part that contacted the floor certainly wore off quickly.   Any other suggestions to keep somehow get the black to soak in further into the tire?
Thanks for any suggestions.
-Joe Dunfee