[SML] Painting Chrome

gbierly at dejazzd.com gbierly at dejazzd.com
Mon Jan 14 13:54:18 UTC 2019

> Aside from sand-blasting, to roughen the metal before painting, is there any other approach I can take.  I would ideally like a brass or bronze look, but a back wrought iron look is OK as well.

In my 1300 seat proscenium theater I can get away with gaffing (In this case I would choose brown 2”) the chrome frame and painting over the tape to get the desired effect.  Home Depot has a nice set of metallic brush on paints to get a nice bronze.  In a more intimate space your results may vary.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School