[SML] Painting Chrome

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 15:50:09 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 8:45:04 AM EST, Dan Sheehan <dsheehan.sml at gmail.com> wrote:
>black tire dressing from the auto parts store ?

I think that would only reduce the dirt accumulation.  I suspect the loss of color from the markers is from wear, since the color just lays on the surface.  Though, I suspect that the black marker may soak in a tiny amount. I think, at the least, it will last through one show per application.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 9:03:05 AM EST, Don Taco via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I'd try asking the bike store for junk inner tubes, and see if I could stretch one over the grey.

I like that idea. I imagine that the tube needs to be glued on as well, perhaps with contact cement.

-Joe Dunfee