[SML] comm system

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed May 1 14:17:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 5:41 AM Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>> anybody have experience or pro/con opinion
>
> on  using an Eartec system to add some
> wireless headsets to an existing old ClearCom wired system ?

We've got Eartec, used in conjunction with our wired Telex system.
It's ok - certainly better than the last wireless system we used
(Anchor).  They sound good among themselves, but there's always
challenges integrating with the wired systems... we max out the in/out
volume level of the Eartec with the Telex interface, but the "other
ones" are always quieter than the ones of their own ilk.  But they do
work.

And they're not "wifi" as someone else wrote.  They're in the 1900mhz range.

We're using a max of 6 of the "ComStar" variety on the mainstage (can
have 8) - and 4 of the UltraLite for the black box (no integration
with a wired system there.)

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares