[SML] comm system

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Fri May 3 04:03:01 UTC 2019

We have an Eartec system at my school and am reasonably happy with it.  I
think it is a good value, even if it isn't perfect.  We run it with the
interface into a ClearCom wired system that was new 22 years ago.  The
Eartec we have was purchased perhaps three years ago and is much better
than the first generation we had inherited from our football team.  The
headsets are lighter, the belt packs are much lighter, and the batteries
are now easily recharged and can't be overcharged like the old batteries.
The sound is better, and although not completely static-free when used
with the ClearCom, even with a hearing impairment I can hear everyone on
the system without a problem.  We use them for perhaps three weeks each
year.  Were we to use them week in and week out, and with a larger budget,
I'd investigate a more expensive system.

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy