[SML] Theatre Cameras

Steven Hood shood_td at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 16:23:50 UTC 2019

We switched from a fixed camera to a Panasonic PTZ (model# AW-HE40S) a
couple years ago, and we love it. We can drive it via the web interface
built into the camera, it outputs a very clear FullHD SDI signal that is
easily converted to anything else. SDI makes the distances around our
building without issue. They now make a version that has NDI capability, so
it can be run through a network, not as a streaming source but a routable
source.
It does night view to nearly full blackout and switches back to color (day)
mode. Very nice unit. (If you want, there's even a Crestron control module
for it, which I am using for the two I have in rehearsal spaces so my folks
can record their rehearsals to review)
Sony makes similar units, but we already had a bunch of Panasonic gear and
felt like staying in the same ecosystem.
Hth,
Steven R Hood