[SML] Twitchy Forerunner all a-twitter

Mike Voytko mv35 at nyu.edu
Fri May 10 17:17:49 UTC 2019

Hi Jon,

In my experience this is a loose or deformed drive belt (the round, clear one inside the motor housing).

A number of mine developed this issue, more or less all at once after about 10 years of use.
Replacing the belts (and cleaning the accumulated gunk off the pulleys while you’re in there) resolves the issue.

I’ve seen dislodged gel-adjust pots too, but the symptoms on those tend to be more dramatic IIRC.

https://www.wybron-scroller-parts.com has the belts, as well as a how-to on swapping them.

HTH,
Mike V.
—
Mike Voytko
Lighting & Sound Supervisor
Tisch School of the Arts / Theatrical Production
New York University
mv35 at nyu.edu
AMC Info: http://www.nyu.edu/amc