[SML] LED tape light

Robert Engel robert at engelenterprizes.com
Fri Nov 22 16:47:03 UTC 2019

Greg,
I've found the technology use of the Holiday lighting scene quite helpful.
If you're good with some DIY building, these controllers are quite nice to
put together.  As for the LED tape, such a thing does in fact exist, but
wasn't labeled as such.  I was installing some undercabinet tape for my day
job that was built as RGB tape with all white LEDs installed.  The circuit
tracking was 3 separate (negative?) circuits with the common (positive?).

The pixel strip route, for hardware at least may not be as bad as you may
think.  The EasyPix (programming still, yeah, just as bad as you may
think).  BUT!  There are other modes in the controller, such as turning it
into a 3 channel 'dumb' controller.  It also has some 'built in' chase
routines that can work in some situations.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/3-Channel-DMX-RGB-Controller-DIP-Switch-Addressing-p/27.htm

Hi
https://www.holidaycoro.com/DMX-to-SPI-Smart-Pixel-Decoder-Controller-p/614.htm

Robert
Pittsburgh, PA

Couple of bad cellphone pictures of a production I used the pixel strips
and an easypix.  I was trying to find a picture showing multi color pixels,
but seems to be lost to the ether.  (I was programming on an Express 48/96
board after all)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1vu1Fq7EQ6eBd2o69
https://photos.app.goo.gl/e55sVXEqawnCFLrQ7