[SML] Aurora Borealis effect

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Oct 17 22:16:33 UTC 2019

> Howdy gang,
>
> Our fall production this year (along with approximately 62% of the High Schools in America) is Almost Maine and I’m looking for suggestions for the Aurora Borealis effect.
>
> The director (and I) would like this to to REALLY wow the audience. The projector I have along with video of the northern lights was pretty, um,  meh…
>
> I have available LED ellipsoidals and a twin spin and have budget to rent more units or a kick-ass projector if needed.
>
> What say the List? Anybody have an awesome aurora effect they can share?

May not be as "wow"-y as you'd like, but when I did it, I used 3 Rosco
i-Pros with auroras that I made myself, and did a slow flicker/fade
between the three, creating the shimmering/moving look.  It looked
pretty good, but wish I'd had Source Four 90 degree barrels, which
didn't exist at the time.....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com