[SML] Vectorworks Question

Nancy Christian Nancy.Christian at vvc.edu
Thu Oct 31 22:43:44 UTC 2019

Hey Everyone,

I use Vectorworks sparingly so I practically have to re-teach myself every time I work in it.
I have a top view of our black box with all our seat risers.
I want to create "duplicates" of this in various layouts. This means not only moving platforms but also removing so I can quickly show or print various versions of the possibilities without starting from scratch.
I don't want to create different files for each version.
I've tried different saved views and different design layers but because I'm using the same class if items (platforms), once I save the file all those views become the same.

Help! Do I have to do this as separate sheets or viewports? If so how?

I could probably do this in software that I know better but I want this to be in scale and am forcing myself to learn Vectorworks more.

Thank you for any assistance.

Nancy Christian
Technical Coordinator
Performing Arts Center