[SML] Teaching technical theater and OSHA

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Mon Sep 9 18:18:39 UTC 2019

Hi Kate and Jim,
I think you could look at the syllabus of virtually any lighting practicum from any college, and there would be references to how to hang/focus fixtures.
In terms of using facility tools, lifts, and ladders... it may be that the new Dir of Facilities is trying to protect their gear from use/abuse, and loss.  It has been my (somewhat limited) experience that the department (usually the scene shop) owns, and is responsible for these items/tools, and their upkeep, along with the proper training for their use.  Then, these tools can be borrowed by the facilities department, as required... not the other way around.

-HTH,
-Ford