[SML] CAM software

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Mon Sep 16 23:04:47 UTC 2019

On Monday, September 16, 2019 1:38:20 PM CDT, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
wrote:
> I'm reviewing our CAM software, oldest is no longer supported, using
> some in evaluation mode now.  Any pointers to 2.5D (not 3D mesh, not 2D
> sign engraving) CAM software for mills?  Free is great but not
> absolutely necessary as long as I don't have to sell my moon rocket to
> pay for it.  Of course it should read DXF files or maybe some other
> common format.

  The standard offering here is Fusion360, but I don't know what your
income levels are so you may not qualify for the very low or free pricing
tier.

  Might look at EstlCAM.  Not free, but seems to do what you're looking for
at a very reasonable price.

:Bruce
--
Itinerant Stagehand