[SML] Did someone say Kid? A Long Overdue Update

sdwheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Wed Apr 1 17:15:20 UTC 2020

Dang, that kid from Clarence turned out pretty good!StuartSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device-------- Original message --------From: Ryan Mutton via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> Date: 4/1/2020  9:38 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> Cc: Ryan Mutton <ryan.mutton at gmail.com> Subject: [SML] Did someone say Kid? A Long Overdue Update Welcome to the list, Abbey. I showed up here some 12 years ago and haven't left. It's a good bunch of folks.FYI:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8158?hl=enTo everyone else, Hi! It's been a minute so here's an update for anyone playing along at home.I have a very expensive piece of paper above my desk from Ithaca College that says I know how to do theatre, my first Broadway check tucked into that frame, and a Local 1 Apprentice card in my wallet.-Moved to NYC in January of 2015-Freelanced off-Broadway for a year and a half and then found a full time gig drafting lighting systems for TV studios.-Took the Local 1 test in '16, got placed as an apprentice at NBC/30 Rock in the electric shop last January. Still there for the foreseeable future.I miss theatre a lot but there's something nice about an 8a-4p 40 hour week. NBC cut down to the bone so I was sent home on the 19th. My girlfriend and I are hunkered down in our apartment cooking and baking to pass the time. My current big project is my new sourdough starter.Last week I sous-vided a brisket and finished it in the oven. BBQ sacrilege or way of the future?Stay healthy, all.rdm-- Ryan Mutton716.946.5801