[SML] [EXTERNAL] Is everyone still ok?

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Thu Apr 2 02:34:07 UTC 2020

Maybe you could have them add in cues that are called for a show? With standby, ready, and go?
________________________________
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Kelly Ann Mangan via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:27 PM
To: Stagecraft Mailing List <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Kelly Ann Mangan <mangank at bgsu.edu>
Subject: Re: [SML] [EXTERNAL] Is everyone still ok?

Please use caution: This email was generated outside of HCC.

Greetings from Ohio.  We’re all pretty much intact.  Unhappy about the cancelled shows and trying to figure out how to get students some sort of comparable production activity.  At this point, I’m having them set up stuff on their kitchen table, spike it all with tiny little spike marks, make a scene shift chart, and then video their set changes for me.   I hate that some of these students would have been having their capstone production experience, but at least I can keep pushing them to add the skills they’ll need once they get out into the job market – once there is one again.

In the land of the university – I’m swamped with this new online delivery.  But too many of my friends in the professional world are feeling the pinch and finding themselves unemployed after as many as 40 years with the same company.

Here’s to keeping sane, helping each other, and a speedy return to the things that feed our souls.

Kelly

Kelly Wiegant Mangan |  MFA

Design|Tech Faculty

Bowling Green State University |Department of Theatre and Film

212 Wolfe Center | Bowling Green | OH |43403

419-372-7171 | Mangank at bgsu.edu

http://www.bgsu.edu/arts-and-sciences/theatre-and-film.html

Proud member of

S*P*A*M -  Society of Properties Artisan Managers

The Stage Managers’ Association

The Guild of Scenic Artists

And

USITT – The United States Institute for Theatre Technology