[SML] Is everyone still ok?

John T. Cotton john at frugalaudio.com
Thu Apr 2 19:07:26 UTC 2020

Greetings all from a looongg time lurker, and rare poster.  Also north of Stephen and just the tiniest smidge south of Jim I think, right in the city in Buffalo. Things here are as well as can be expected.  The vibe in certain grocery stores is pretty odd.  My neighbors all seem to be doing well.  My local gig began cancelling shows sometime around 3/13, and quickly postponed and rescheduled all of April.  They were good enough to give all of us (even casuals) a few weeks PTO.  Now they've furloughed almost the entire staff indefinitely.  All my freelance work looks to be gone until at least June, I imagine more like July.  So I expect to be signing up for unemployment for the first time in 30+ years of working.  C'est la vie.  Meantime, plenty of work to be done on the house.  Buying bits and pieces of gear and tinkering.  There's whiskey & rum in the house, along with the makings for a pile of homebrew cider & wine.  Veggies to plant in the yard before too long.
Hope everybody stays happy, healthy, and safe til it's time to raise the curtain and push the faders up again.
JTC

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:42:00 -0400, Jim Pritchard via Stagecraft wrote:
> Checking in a little farther North than Steve Rees (or east if you
> follow the Thruway Directions) just outside of Buffalo NY... while
> the work is clearly dried up for now, I am helping church manage
> their live stream (which they started before any mandates in an
> early attempt to start social distancing).  Very thankful for
> having put in a Dante Network which make integrating the audio
> significantly easier and clearer...
>
> Family is healthy (barring the very  mild concussion the wife got
> falling off her bike on Friday) but our County has the largest
> number of cases in the State outside of NYC metro...

John T. Cotton
Event Audio-Stage Lighting-Production Management
Freelance Engineering & Consulting
John at frugalaudio.com
WWW.FRUGALAUDIO.COM
(716) 213-7485