[SML] Is everyone still ok?

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Thu Apr 9 14:42:29 UTC 2020

Things in south Florida are quiet.
Most of Chauvet’s development team is working from home.  We are actually still very busy (finishing the gear we planned on launching at Prolight and InfoCOMM).  We’ll see how this affects our launch cycle, as the majority of our business stopped on a dime…
Once the industry is back up and running, many of us will have burned through whatever capital had pegged for new equipment, so we expect demand to be slow to ramp-up.  This means that we’ve got to be very particular about which new items we move into production, as there is significant cash outlay to setup/re-fit production lines, and we tend to manufacture in quantities of 500 (for very large/expensive moving heads) to 5000 (for small/inexpensive items)…which is a lot of inventory to sit on, if no one’s buying it.

Tough times out there for a lot of our customers.  I hope that they’ll be able to hang-on, and make it through this.  We’ve already seen a few fold.

-Ford