[SML] TSA Locks are Junk (Dave Wortman)

June Abernathy JEA00321 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 21:36:03 UTC 2020

Baggage Handlers don’t need keys to get into your bag with a TSA or any other lock on it. They can jab a ball point pen into the teeth of your zipper to separate it, peel the bag open, take what they want, and then run you (still locked) pull tabs back and forth to reseal the zipper.

And I don’t put it past an actual TSA person with legal keys to grab anything that they decide might be remotely suspicious or desirable. I have had my bag opened and rearranged many times, and about 1 time in 10 they leave their little “we had to open your bag” notice. Have had flashlights, crescent wrenches, cell phone battery chargers, bags of quarters, and once, a pound of jelly beans “go missing”.

June Abernathy

IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
Disney’s The Lion King National Tour