[SML] Fire Alarms and Concerts

Pietrie, Joe joseph.pietrie at d303.org
Fri Feb 14 00:59:35 UTC 2020

to give a humorous tilt to this, I work in a high school.  We were doing a
band concert for the veterans.  The song dealt with air raid sirens and a
lot of percussion sounds.  In another part of the school the sensor in an
elevator malfunctioned and the fire alarms went off.
The band director did not notice that the strobes and alarms were going off
around him and the audience seem to think that we were doing it for effect.
We brought up all the house and work lights, and I was loudly giving
instructions to the audience.  But he just kept going.  FInally on of the
crew walked out and got him to stop and notice.  He anonionally was upset
that a student would interrupt him, until he noticed the lights and horns.
Talk about being focused!!

Joseph Pietrie

  Auditorium Manager

  St. Charles North High School

  255 Red Gate Road, St. Charles, IL 60175

St. Charles CUSD 303 <http://district.d303.org/>

Office, 331-228-6355

Cell, 630-918-1035

<https://www.facebook.com/St-Charles-North-High-School-629443583801854/>