[SML] Old joke request

Erin Joy Swank erinjoyswank at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:46:56 UTC 2020

I'm cleaning out old emails and stumbled across this one. I have to say,
when I was an intern fresh out of college in 1997, I am the one who started
that "Signs You've Been in the Theatre Too Much" list (retitled "You've
been a techie too long", which is a T-word I don't use). A couple have been
added to the end over the years, and some of my favorites gone missing, but
it still gives me a smile when I see how viral it went. I think I first
posted on rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft at some point. I think this was my
original list of 18:

1. Your weekend consists of Monday, and only Monday.
2. "Q" is not just a letter.
3. National holidays that fall on Monday seem pointless to you.
4. You know more than one theory for the origin of the name "green room."
5. You can only read from a light that is blue.
6. You consider the red part of the stoplight the "standby."
7. You can't remember what daylight looks like.
8. You feel naked without your keys attached to your belt loop, or your belt
without your Maglite, Leatherman, and Gerber.
9. 95% of your wardrobe is black.
10. You know anything can be fixed with gaff tape,
11. Your diet consists of fast food or microwaved food.
12. Varying your diet means ordering the #2 instead of the #3 or eating with
your left hand instead of your right.
13. You insist on spelling "theatre" with an "re" not an "er".
14. People recognize you by the sound of your keys jingling down the
hallway.
15. Going to a restaurant means ordering and sitting down in McDonald's
rather than the drive-thru.
16. "Practical" and "flat" are nouns.
17. Instead of saying that you're leaving, you say you're "exiting."
18. If someone asks you what time it is, you respond with something like,
"Half hour 'til half hour."

Memories!
*--*
*Erin Joy Swank*
*Stage Manager*
Portfolio Reviews & Interview Materials Prep (PRIMP
<https://www.usittshow.com/professional-reviews>) Coordinator, USITT

937-308-0366 cell
erinjoyswank at gmail.com
www.erinjoyswank.com
Pronouns: She/her/hers (What's this?
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)

*UPCOMING:*
Portfolio Reviews & Interview Materials Prep (PRIMP
<https://www.usittshow.com/professional-reviews>) Coordinator, Sessional
Panelist, and Stage Management Mentorship Project mentor, USITT National
Conference <https://www.usitt.org/conference>, April 1-4

*Member: Actors' Equity Association (AEA), **American Guild of Musical
Artists (AGMA), *
*Stage Managers' Association (SMA), and United States Institute for Theatre
Technology (USITT)*