[SML] Old joke request

Charlie Richmond charlie.rsd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 20:42:27 UTC 2020

These are all fantastic!  I have a compendium of jokes also:
http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/jokes.html and at the top of that page:
http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/docs/jokes.pdf

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 12:10, Erin Joy Swank via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I'm cleaning out old emails and stumbled across this one. I have to say,
> when I was an intern fresh out of college in 1997, I am the one who started
> that "Signs You've Been in the Theatre Too Much" list (retitled "You've
> been a techie too long", which is a T-word I don't use). A couple have been
> added to the end over the years, and some of my favorites gone missing, but
> it still gives me a smile when I see how viral it went. I think I first
> posted on rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft at some point. I think this was my
> original list of 18:
>
> 1. Your weekend consists of Monday, and only Monday.
> 2. "Q" is not just a letter.
> 3. National holidays that fall on Monday seem pointless to you.
> 4. You know more than one theory for the origin of the name "green room."
> 5. You can only read from a light that is blue.
> 6. You consider the red part of the stoplight the "standby."
> 7. You can't remember what daylight looks like.
> 8. You feel naked without your keys attached to your belt loop, or your
> belt
> without your Maglite, Leatherman, and Gerber.
> 9. 95% of your wardrobe is black.
> 10. You know anything can be fixed with gaff tape,
> 11. Your diet consists of fast food or microwaved food.
> 12. Varying your diet means ordering the #2 instead of the #3 or eating
> with
> your left hand instead of your right.
> 13. You insist on spelling "theatre" with an "re" not an "er".
> 14. People recognize you by the sound of your keys jingling down the
> hallway.
> 15. Going to a restaurant means ordering and sitting down in McDonald's
> rather than the drive-thru.
> 16. "Practical" and "flat" are nouns.
> 17. Instead of saying that you're leaving, you say you're "exiting."
> 18. If someone asks you what time it is, you respond with something like,
> "Half hour 'til half hour."
>
> Memories!
> *--*
> *Erin Joy Swank*
> *Stage Manager*
> Portfolio Reviews & Interview Materials Prep (PRIMP
> <https://www.usittshow.com/professional-reviews>) Coordinator, USITT
>
> 937-308-0366 cell
> erinjoyswank at gmail.com
> www.erinjoyswank.com
> Pronouns: She/her/hers (What's this?
> <https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)
>
> *UPCOMING:*
> Portfolio Reviews & Interview Materials Prep (PRIMP
> <https://www.usittshow.com/professional-reviews>) Coordinator, Sessional
> Panelist, and Stage Management Mentorship Project mentor, USITT National
> Conference <https://www.usitt.org/conference>, April 1-4
>
> *Member: Actors' Equity Association (AEA), **American Guild of Musical
> Artists (AGMA), *
> *Stage Managers' Association (SMA), and United States Institute for
> Theatre Technology (USITT)*
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 5:41 PM Pietrie, Joe via Stagecraft <
> [...]

* Charlie Richmond - http://www.RichmondSoundDesign.com
<http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/>
* Viber: +16047159441 facebook: charlie.richmond
* LinkedIn: charlierichmond
* Over 2.4 million licensed SoundMan-Server audio channels!