[SML] Folding workbench/chop saw station....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Jul 9 22:37:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 2:02 PM Greg Bierly via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I searched "hide away miter saw” in Youtube and saw a whole series of cool ideas.  Not as cool as Jeremy Fielding but some pretty slick ideas.
>
> Greg

Good query, but all the ones I'm seeing are where they're moving the
miter saw in or out (or away) - still would require clearing off your
workbench to use the miter saw.... my idea would be that the workbench
on one or both sides lowers, with a cleared infeed (or outfeed)
table/fence moves into place..... the miter saw is always there, but
wouldn't require clearing off the workbench to make those 6
exact-same-size 2x cuts.

Over the years, I've seen lots of YouTubes where people make flippy
tables, with perhaps a spindle sander on one side, and a planer on the
other... cool idea as well, but if I were to try a flippy thing, I
think I'd find more use with a 'blank' side to my flipper.

But the idea of not having to clear off the workbench to make a miter
cut was the initial idea, as I started this rumination a few months
ago....

 - Jon
--
Jon Ares