[SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: curring threads

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Mon Jul 13 15:49:45 UTC 2020

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Jeff Forbes via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 3:48 PM
To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Jeff Forbes <jforbes1956 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SML] [EXTERNAL] Re: curring threads

Please use caution: This email was generated outside of HCC.

On Jul 11, 2020, at 12:00 PM, stagecraft-request at theatrical.net wrote:

> THEE show which made me hate glitter so much was the Miss Alaska Pageant in 1980 or 1981. It was a standard 2000 seat proscenium style theater with a fly loft and grid to match.
~Snip>
> Jeff Kanyuck

Hee hee, I bet I can guess which high school. I graduated from Dimond in ’74, went to college in Portland and eventually moved to Portland in June or July of ’80, but did a few IA extra calls in the first part of ’80. As I recall, West High was about the only school then with a decent auditorium.

Hi Jeff,
     Yes, that is correct. It was a terrific auditorium to learn in being "the" largest in the state so all the big shows touring through came in. Super Trooper spotlights, Orchestra Pit that would lower 14Ft into the lower storage and dressing room area, 50Ft wide Proscenium that was 20Ft high, and a luxurious 25Ft of space in both wings, Lofts and full fly system. Dimmer board and audio system ....ah... the memories.
We had some great shows while I was there. Paublo Cruise, Metallica, Grateful Dead, Joffry Ballet II, Marcel Marceau, many Anchorage Concert Association shows, Three Dog Night, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Flying Karamazov Bros, Weird Al, Miss Alaska Pageants.
We had a lot of fun and learned a lot before even heading off to college for the industry.
Jeff