[SML] Using ozone generators in a theatre

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 13:46:14 UTC 2020

 I investigated the idea of using a commercial Ozone generator for the costume storage to inhibit mold.  I kept finding contradictory information.  Some sites said it would work, and others said it would not.  The only thing they agreed on, is that the ones marketed for home use put out so little ozone that they don't do anything.  I just looked for reports on viruses, and see that the EPA says they are ineffective when used at levels that are safe for people.
I will also add an experience I had, when I needed a car seat cleaned after someone had an attack of diarrhea on the seat.  My own efforts with soapy water and a shop vac were ineffective. But a car detailer cleaned again, and then put the seat in a bag with an ozone generator. Absolutely no smell remained.

-Joe