[SML] Help! big 3D printer mess

Bruce bruce at ledworklights.com
Mon May 4 16:19:28 UTC 2020

On Monday, May 4, 2020 11:10:52 AM CDT, Jacob Blumberg via Stagecraft
wrote:
> Same thing happened to me printing face Shields but my issue was the part
> popped off the bed and then got on the extruder and made a clump.
>
> On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:41 Jerry Durand via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> I had that happen on an older printer, I turned on the heat while trying
>> to slowly lift the head.  It popped free when it started
>> getting warm.  But
>> finishing the cleaning was a lot of work.
>>
>> I also had mini versions of that while tuning in polycarbonate with the
>> new printer, that stuff is like printing tar. ...

Glue stick is cheap insurance.  Washes off and is non-toxic if you use the
Elmer's stuff.

  I'd seriously take a small torch to that clump.  And the hotend parts
once you can get at them.  Torch does an amazing job of carbonizing all
that filament and letting it wash off the metal

:Bruce Cooper
--
Stagehand in waiting