[SML] Help! big 3D printer mess

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Mon May 4 16:26:29 UTC 2020

I use different glues depending on the material.

PETG uses liquid PVA glue on glass.

PLA uses the Elmers Washable School Glue stick on glass.  Using the
liquid PVA will break the glass.

Polycarbonate uses a special plastic surface.

I haven't used ABS in years, but that was stuck down with ABS dissolved
in acetone.

On 5/4/20 9:19 AM, Bruce via Stagecraft wrote:

> Glue stick is cheap insurance.  Washes off and is non-toxic if you use
> the Elmer's stuff.
>
>  I'd seriously take a small torch to that clump.  And the hotend parts
> once you can get at them.  Torch does an amazing job of carbonizing
> all that filament and letting it wash off the metal
>
> :Bruce Cooper
> --
> Stagehand in waiting

Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. +1 408-356-3886
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru