[SML] Seating platforms

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:45:41 UTC 2020

I can understand the objection to the bulk of the Z supports, but isn't
it offset at least some by needing to support fewer platforms - like half -
with in betweens spanning? Or do you find changing node plates too labor
intensive?  I can see that.

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:31 AM John T. Cotton via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Hmmm.....at my local gig, all the carts came that way, two smart and two
> dumb.  I will say, while I like the decks and the various large under
> structures I've used from Stageright; I really dislike the "Z" style
> frames. They are way too heavy, and cumbersome.  A pain to store and
> transport as well.  At least in the applications they are used for around
> here.  For a couple of simple risers to throw up on stage, I'd rather have
> a bunch of legs.
>
> On Wed, 20 May 2020 21:22:37 -0400, Dave Vick via Stagecraft wrote:
> > On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rick Clever via Stagecraft
> > <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> > In our experience here at Moo-U, the best thing we ever did was
> > change out two of the four smart casters on the StageRight deck
> > "carts" (heh) to be dumb casters. It makes the carts *MUCH* more
> > user-friendly.
> >
> > Who in their right mind thought four smart wheels was a smart idea?
> >
> > Dave Vick
> > 517-749-3859
> > Yeah; *that* guy...
>
> John T. Cotton
> Event Audio-Stage Lighting-Production Management
> Freelance Engineering & Consulting
> John at frugalaudio.com
> WWW.FRUGALAUDIO.COM
> (716) 213-7485