[SML] Users of Augment3d and Vectorworks?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Nov 6 16:49:30 UTC 2020

Hey out there -

Anyone using/playing with ETC's EOS tool Augment3d and importing a
venue from Vectorworks?  I've got a situation I'm sure is something
obvious... don't know if it's a Vectorworks fix, or an Augment3d
fix......

I've imported a simplified version of my proscenium venue, but it's
not importing in the "right" place.  I have set my origin (0,0) at the
center/center of Plaster Line and CL, but when importing into
Augment3d, and using the model's origin, it's off by quite a bit - it
places the 'center' off in the audience.  Looks centered on the X
axis, but Y is way off.  It's not the center of the 3d model, more
like about 1/3 up the Y axis.  The center/center of my model is almost
the actual center of the model, but importing it using the "center" of
the model wasn't any better....  Anyone have a hint/trick?  I'm
suspecting there's something else I should do in Vectorworks (2020)
but not sure what....

TIA...

 - Jon

--