[SML] Subject: Re: Little Giants - models and leg levelers

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Tue Oct 6 12:11:57 UTC 2020

I'm not really one to talk if it comes to picking the right size ladder - when it comes to ladders and hammers, an upper quantity limit is hard to find so I'd end up with two ladders.  That being said...

I have levelers on one of my extension ladders. They can be very useful, and more trustworthy than cribbing or some other makeshift.  You won't use them too often but when you need them you want them.  I'd avoid too many gizmos - it's added weight you'll be lugging every time you use the ladder.  The wheels are likely not worth it in a home (rather than theater) setting, for example.  Others, like standoffs, can be added when you need them and aren't that expensive.

All that being said, get the features you want, now.  You're not going to wear out the ladder and it'll be with you as long as you have the house.  Congratulations and condolences on the purchase!

- Jim Dougherty
Middlebury College Theatre Dept.