[SML] Fixing stainless sink

Randy Porter randy.1611 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:38:30 UTC 2020

 I'd probably use J&B Water Weld (
https://www.jbweld.com/product/waterweld-epoxy-putty) unless it's your
kitchen sink where my wife wouldn't like the color.  There I'd use J&B
Steel Stick (https://www.jbweld.com/product/steelstik-epoxy-putty-stick).

Rough it up well before applying, then sand it smooth on the visible
surface.

You folks have a broad knowledge base and wide interests and experience...

Do you remember Alcoa pigmented aluminum gutter seal? It was a caulking
with a heavy metallic content that drew itself into cracks very well, would
lie very flat, and was difficult to work with. For certain tasks, there was
nothing better.
But it doesn't appear to be on the market now.

I have a stainless steel sink that is developing a crack at one of the
rounded corners. Can't sensibly caulk it from the top, so anything that
gets applied still has the bond attacked by water and gravity. I wish I had
a tube of that Alcoa product. I've tried several products, without being
pleased by the results.

What are you using in place of that gutterseal?

Thanks again!

--
What was a policeman, if not a civilian with a uniform and a badge? ....
once policemen stopped being civilians the only other thing that they could

capitalggeek.wordpress.com