[SML] Show Budgets Question

Miller, Daniel Daniel.Miller at dwu.edu
Tue Apr 20 20:06:35 UTC 2021

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Mike Katz via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 1:40 PM
Cc: Mike Katz <narishkup at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SML] Show Budgets Question
Daniel,
We need more info to be able to begin to talk about budget.
How big is your stage? Black Box Theatre 50’ x 50’ and a 400 seat theatre with 45’ proscenium.
Do you teach all of the classes in your department? I teach all but two courses, Scenic Design and Costume & Makeup (adjuncts)
Who teaches Design and Technology? I teach Tech Theatre and an adjunct teaches scenic & lighting design
Who directs the shows? I direct all shows.
Is this the budget for Costumes, Lights, Sound and Projection as well? Yes. It all comes from these three budgets.
Who designs each area? I design all shows.
Do you have any Labor, or is it just you and your students? My students and I.
Do you have any stock of Scenery, Props & Costumes In the past 15 years I have saved and recycled quite a bit and  have created a very nice props, furniture and scenery inventory.
Do you have any life outside of your department? Very little.

I am a retired TD who spent about half of my Career in Educational Theater and half in the Professional Theater. Depending on some of the answers above I would be very concerned for your health and well being!
Mike

Michael Katz
narishkup at gmail.com<mailto:narishkup at gmail.com>
C: 857.383.0020