[SML] [EXTERNAL] how hot is 341 BTU/hr

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Mon Aug 9 19:52:26 UTC 2021

I understand your question, but, like others have said, it depends on a lot.
Ask the company if the unit is in a room with a temperature of 70Deg F, and the unit has been running for an hour, how hot will it be?

The company might be your better source for information.
Jeff Kanyuck

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> On Behalf Of Riter, Andrew via Stagecraft
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 2:38 PM
To: 'Stagecraft Mailing List' <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Riter, Andrew <andrew.riter at ubc.ca>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SML] how hot is 341 BTU/hr

Hi everyone
Trying to convert some specs into How Hot is it really?
The driver has a heat rating of 341 BTU/Hr
One website says you can't convert BTU (which is a rise in temperature measurement) to Farheinheight (which is the level of temperature).
Another website says that 1BTU/Hr is approx. 0.5 Celcius Thermal Unit per hour, or 189C/hr.
I don't think than answers my question.
How hot does the driver get (room temperature, warm to the touch, hot to the touch)?
Specifically, can I lay my SJOW 3/12 extension cables, my DMX cables, and my IQ/Scroller power cables on the drivers and not damage my cables, or make the drivers get too hot?
Thanks.
Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
6265 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>
[UBC E-mail Signature]