[SML] On the ground report

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Wed Aug 18 19:51:12 UTC 2021

cha-cha is a grape strong drink, I've had homemade from two judges, this
is from one of them.

getting the computers set up, my tiny Linux NUC just came out of the
suitcase and plugged in.  The Linux NAS box has been loaded with a fresh
copy of Ubuntu and is currently dealing with a ton of backup files.
It's also playing videos of the Moscow Kazachi Choir on the TV set.
They were surprised we didn't want TV service with our internet, with
all these computers who needs cable?

Tomorrow is connecting and initializing the two 4TB RAID drives on this.

Sharon's waiting for me to get her new Windows 7 up so she can deal with
all the paperwork/accounting since we left the USA.  "soon"

Then I need to get the mechanical CAD system up, Windows 10, 32GB ram,
normal sort of stuff.

Our sponsors are keeping us up to eyeballs in fresh, tasty food.  They
also filled the freezer but so far all we've gotten into is the ice
cream.  Famous Kuban ice cream, now we know why people import it to
other countries.