[SML] Tool nerd alert. C-Wrenches tested and compared.

Steve Boone sboone at bgsu.edu
Sun Dec 12 17:36:57 UTC 2021

I have to admit I have a serious predilection for good crescent wrenches.  I think it’s because they are one of the first tools my father let me play with, when I was four or five.
I now have an uncountable number of them, including an old square-headed bolt pattern Proto that I found on the street, and a very pricy Ridgid adjustable that I bought in the 1990s for a whopping $45.  I have to add, the Behind the Scenes adjustable is mostly very nice, and the money is for a good cause.  I have a kit with my original Crescent, and the others, ‘cause sometimes when things are not going smoothly and you grab your wrench to deal with something, you just need to see a tool that’s an old friend!

Steve Boone