[SML] Tool nerd alert. C-Wrenches tested and compared.

Duncan Mahoney dmahoney at usc.edu
Mon Dec 13 18:59:17 UTC 2021

I just got around to watching the video today.  It's certainly a thorough comparison.

However, he applies the wrench to the nuts backwards compared to the way I was taught.  I was told to apply the wrench so the force was close to the worm gear on the moveable jaw and away from the worm gear on the fixed jaw when using high torque on a nut.  Was I taught wrong or has that bit of "old person" tool knowledge been lost?

"This has to be the best comparison of adjustable wrenches I've ever seen.
It's just under 20 minutes. Enjoy. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://youtu.be/cyOd05PUix4__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!8jNpAl7D7Mg-Uk3pYF1CGLxNhFwdS1sR-K25e6cCxIlqdHmpoIXIcXVXNbqSQJE$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/youtu.be/cyOd05PUix4__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!8jNpAl7D7Mg-Uk3pYF1CGLxNhFwdS1sR-K25e6cCxIlqdHmpoIXIcXVXNbqSQJE$> "

Duncan Mahoney
Head of Technical Direction
Professor of Theatre Practice
University of Southern California School of Dramatic Arts