[SML] Create a cue in blind: EOS

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Mon Dec 13 19:26:18 UTC 2021

Will, FWIW, I have been going through the same thing.

Even though it is written for the Element I found the following “cheat sheet” has proven helpful to have on hand.

https://www.schooltheatre.org/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=06abd28b-9e98-4554-a4d6-2ad8714b2be3&forceDialog=0 <https://www.schooltheatre.org/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=06abd28b-9e98-4554-a4d6-2ad8714b2be3&forceDialog=0>

ETC also has trainers at events around the country and have a program you can work with.  You can also download it all and do it on your own with pretty clear step by step introductions.  https://www.etcconnect.com/Training/ <https://www.etcconnect.com/Training/>    I picked up copies of the “Eos Family Console Programming” workbooks level 1 & 2 at a USITT chapter event and using them as reference have been working great.

Do a YouTube search on the topic you are trying to brush up on.  I just found a great tutorial this weekend on setting up LED fixtures for busking on an Ion console.  I never would have figured it out on my own.

Link.	How to add Colormixing Submasters on the Ion Xe <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5OP1rweaaE>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5OP1rweaaE
I thought I got the gist of the setup but as predicted in the video, I created very weird results.  When I followed the instructions step by step it came out perfectly.

Good luck

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Hempfield High School