[SML] Question about codes

Ross Faker200 at netins.net
Wed Feb 10 18:56:07 UTC 2021

Here is a question for those of you who have renovated or built new theatre spaces.  The local school district has just built a new high school with a state of the art theatre space.  In touring the space I see that somewhere along the lines someone put chain link fence along the catwalk railing.  Is that a safety feature that being included in new construction or just some random bright idea?  I would try to look up the building codes but I am not sure where to look, (that and trying to read them make my eyes glaze over).

The reason I am asking because when adjusting light on Cat #2 you have to lay on the floor & stick one are under the fence to adjust said light, OR one person grabs the belt of a second person as they lean over the railing, (& pray they say in their pants).

I should point out that at this time I do not have a formal contract with the school for anything. I just help out on productions as asked.  That is the reason I do not ask any of the construction guys finishing up the project.

Clay Ross
Pro Dreamer