[SML] Plastic for practicals

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Mon Feb 15 16:59:48 UTC 2021

Could just dip glass lights in anti-shatter plastic coating.

Or remove the glass from an LED light and replace with a plastic
bubble.  I assume it doesn't have to be perfect unless it's really close
to the audience.

On 2/14/21 8:56 PM, Joe via Stagecraft wrote:
> I am trying to avoid glass on stage, as much as possible. And in Diary
> of Anne Frank, we want to have some practicals on stage.  I've chosen
> a table lamp that is metal, and even made a ceiling light fixture that
> is from a plastic cut-glass type of bowl, but the light bulb is now
> the issue.  In both fixtures, the bulb itself is somewhat visible.
>
> I have seen LED bulbs that had plastic lenses, but those have an
> opaque lower half, and the light only comes out the upper half.
> Inline image
>

> All the other one's I've been able to examine, use glass.
>
> Does anyone know of LED bulbs, that aren't obviously LED bulbs, have
> plastic lenses? I slightly prefer clear, but frosted is OK as well.
> And of course, must be dimmable. (I know they won't dim smoothly down
> to 0).
>
> -Joe

Jerry Durand, WhatsApp, Telegram, VK, Signal, Gab
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru