[SML] Plastic for practicals

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 18:23:42 UTC 2021

Thanks for the ideas Mr. Durand.  But, in regard to a coating, had done some shrink-wrap on a lantern I made, though it wrinkled a lot.  I looked, but didn't find a good coating to paint on. I am guessing if I could get a less viscous version of silicone, that would be one option.
I considered  taking off the glass, as you suggested. And perhaps get one of those battery-operated toy gag bulbs, to get the bulb part.  However, I know that OLEDs are very sensitive to moisture in the air. And I don't know the kind of LEDs used in the ones that have the visible "filaments". So, they may deliberately be choosing glass, and fill it with something that is OK for an OLED.

But, regardless of the above, Bruce Cooper's recommendation of the "shatterproof" ones is perfect. And they seem to have many styles of shatterproof.

<https://www.paperlanternstore.com/products/led-filament-plastic-led-light-bulb-s14-shatterproof >
Now that I know shatterproof is my key word, I can find them many places. Home Depot has some.

-Joe