[SML] Plastic for practicals

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Feb 18 21:14:15 UTC 2021

I was assuming the cheapies I buy for decorative use (which often
means onstage practicals) were (in part) cheap because of the plastic
globes. I have not done any studies to determine this, but was
thinking that might help.

I'm sure they were from Amazon, but one case of "Edison-esque" bulbs I
got even takes the vintage thing further, and when powering them on,
they hesitate a moment, then "fade" up.  I used one in a show, and had
to anticipate the "fade up" and "fade down" in cues.  Looked good.

Pretty sure it was these:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9Q9FUC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
Jon Ares