[SML] ETC Color Source SPOT & PAR unit repair

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:10:11 UTC 2021

Thanks for your information.
I did not set up the system, but the Lighting Designer who did, probably
knew what he was doing.  As far as I was able to ascertain, there are only
about 6 to 8 fixtures in any given power chain.  The DMX may be more, but
since the DMX follows a different path than the power, it is harder to
follow.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 5:43 PM Bill Conner via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Just to clarify, from the manual:
>  Up to 9 luminaires (15 A max) may be linked via power thru connector
> (10 luminaires total per circuit) when used with an R20 Relay Module
> or Unison Echo Relay Panel. Consult breaker trip curves when used
> with other equipment. Requires power from a non-dimmable source.
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2021, 5:05 PM James Shield via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> I know you mentioned the fixtures are a year and a half old, so I'm
>> surprised that folks are saying they are out of warranty. The ColorSource
>> line carries a 5 year warranty on all ColorSource fixtures (10 years on the
>> array itself) sold since January 2018. If they are out of warranty or any
>> damage isn't covered by warranty, ETC does a flat rate repair on the
>> ColorSource Spot and PAR fixtures that's pretty reasonably priced.
>>
>> There is an internal fuse on the fixtures as well. If the fuse has blown,
>> they will still pass power and data, so it's likely the fuse has just
>> blown. How many fixtures are daisy chained? Due to the inrush current the
>> fixtures draw, you can connect up to 9 per circuit before the inrush will
>> potentially pop a fuse or breaker. The inrush on a 120V circuit is 35A for
>> the first half-cycle, so it adds up pretty quickly even though they only
>> draw 120W after that initial inrush
>>
>> James Shield
>> 206-280-1430

Steven J McLean