[SML] ETC Color Source SPOT & PAR unit repair

Bruce Bennett bennett.bruce at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 18:07:31 UTC 2021

It sounds like power supplies in the affected luminaires have failed entirely.

With this failure rate it makes sense to considered integrity of sinusoidal wave forms in the AC supply.

Industrial refrigeration units, AC units, generate AC waveform distortions that can impact longevity of LED drivers and power supplies. A transformer for lighting supply and another for sound supply (with isolated-ground) are always preferable.

"A society grows great when old people plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." - Greek proverb