[SML] Producing a Play

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 03:10:29 UTC 2021

Costs can vary considerably. I’ve done K-12 shows with zero budget where we wrote the thing ourselves and borrowed everything to make it happen and I’ve done shows at a HS that had a low six-figure budget including renting scenic pieces from the Broadway tour and shipping them half-way across the country.

Straight play, unit set, minimal costume needs - that’s a lot less than a musical with a cast of 100, automated set pieces, and a dozen costume changes.
Can you give us some parameters for what you are trying to do?
Kristi R-C