[SML] Zip Tie Ends

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 5 02:30:48 UTC 2021

Let me add a , “Me, too!” for Velcro.
I was re-assigned to the city’s IT department last year.  I really took a liking to the velcro cable wraps.  As a side note, the residue from years old tape on network cable bundles was harder to clean off my hands then almost anything I have EVER worked with.
I buy a roll of two sided 1/2” Velcro from Scamazon for work.  Cut to the length that you need with a knife or your handy EMT shears.  It is great for working on bundles that you are going to be adding to as work on the rack progresses.
I keep a cable tie gun in my kit.  As those that know us can attest, Mr. Fox and I have similarly outfitted kit.
If I am doing cable ties without it, I cut flush.  If there is a chance that the little leftover bit is positioned to be a danger, I will use the file on my Gerber to smooth it down.
If I catch you cutting cable ties at a sharp angle, you are going to get a lesson right then on why that is not a good practice.
Be well,
John