[SML] Zip Tie Ends (John Palmer)

June Abernathy jeaber at me.com
Sat Jun 5 15:42:35 UTC 2021

> On Jun 3, 2021, at 8:01 AM, Tim Long <tim1024sml at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> <>
>
> Once you've secured the zip tie around the bundle, what style do you use in cutting off the excess?
>
> A) Flush to the ratchet mechanism?
> B) 1/4" (or so) away from the mechanism?
> C) As B, but with a 45 degree angle?
> D) Other
>
> And:
> Is there a specific reason you do it that way?

A , using a flush cutter rather than a diagonal cutter if possible. Or better yet, a zip tie gun that will really leave no tab. B and C are just asking for injury. I’ve been seriously hurt by C.

If you can’t cut it flush, leave the full tail. Less dangerous than a little plastic dagger.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour