[SML] Zip Tie Ends (John Palmer)

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Sat Jun 5 15:48:27 UTC 2021

On 6/5/21 10:42 AM, June Abernathy via Stagecraft wrote:
> A , using a flush cutter rather than a diagonal cutter if possible. Or better yet, a zip tie gun that will really leave no tab. B and C are just asking for injury. I’ve been seriously hurt by C.
>
> If you can’t cut it flush, leave the full tail. Less dangerous than a little plastic dagger.

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply about using the tie gun, if you
don't have one handy...

Using flush cutters, place the jaws around the tie and resting the flat
part against the tie head.  Pull the tail of the tie tight and then
cut.  The stub will retract slightly below flush, the same as if you
used a tie gun.

You can do this pretty quickly with just a little practice.

In related news, in packing I found a bag of ties from the 1970s.  Don't
use those, they have gotten brittle.

--
Jerry Durand, WhatsApp, Telegram, VK, Signal, Gab
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru