[SML] What are people using nowadays....

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Mon Jun 14 18:13:03 UTC 2021

We have also used Environmental lights products. They give good
service.  Some of the clones on E-bay are also quite good.   What I look
for in any of these products is fault tolerance, when working with LED
strips it is very easy to get an accidental short circuit, if that
trashes the dimmer, I do not want it.  My biggest gripe, would be that
far too many 4 channel LED dimmers have the settings switches on the
sides, making it difficult to cluster them together.

Generally we just use MeanWell Power supplies from whatever vendor has a
good deal.  they cost a bit, but we have never had a power supply failure.

For self contained portable things just run right off the 12Volt battery
( via appropriate fuse blocks).  For wireless we Use either RC4 or City
Theatrical Show Baby,  The most important thing would be to try to sort
out ahead of time who is using what parts of the total EM spectrum.  And
to look at the theatre architecture to make sure you can get a good
signal to the receivers.

Stuart