[SML] Vanity lamp cages meeting NEC 520-72 code...

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jun 16 21:44:55 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 2:33 PM Bill Conner via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Ive seen the square one but believe it was part of fixture, not an add
on, or at least the one I saw.  Found quite a few by Google "lamp guard for
light bulbs", but none especially good looking.  I have used glass shades
in place of metal.

> Would like to see a code change for LED to not require this guard.

Yes, a change in the code for LEDs would be great.  My research said the
code for the cages was written in 1956.  :)

I've attached a picture of the fixtures I have in my home space... yes,
it's integral to the unit (cages riveted on). The units the architectural
LDs have spec'd are that Tivoli channel unit, with the cages, cuz that may
have been the only one they found. :) Google searches brings up all sorts
of "vintage" home decor styles.

I'd rather they spec a whole different architectural line. I can't find
make/model on mine (below).
[image: IMG_0718 (1).JPG]