[SML] ground history

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Mon May 17 15:31:15 UTC 2021

Our old house in California was built in 1959, it had 3 wire for 240V
outlets and 2 wire for everything else.  There were a number of "three
prong" outlets in the house not connected to ground.  I connected all of
them over the years and put GFCI on almost all circuits.

My parent's old house in New Jersey was built in the 1800s, it was piped
for gas lighting as well as electricity.  It had cloth insulated 2 wire
everywhere.  We were slowly replacing wires as needed, upgraded the fuse
panel (two 15 A screw in fuses) to modern breakers, and disconnected the
gas lighting pipes.

I first ran into knob and tube wiring still in use at a friend's place
in San Francisco and another friend's place in San Jose.

--
Jerry Durand, WhatsApp, Telegram, VK, Signal, Gab
www.DurandInterstellar.com & www.Durandinterstellar.ru