[SML] Ion Xe - doesn't always fire up both monitors

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon May 24 16:17:36 UTC 2021

This is driving me crazy.... 50% of the time, my brand-new Ion Xe20
doesn't light up both monitors... or doesn't see one, or whatever is
going on under the hood (stoopid Windoze).... sometimes it's the left
monitor, sometimes the right....  and of course it thoroughly screws
up the tabs layout....  sometimes there's no 'shutdown' available...
hitting the (soft) power button won't show the shutdown options
(because maybe it's sending it to the dark monitor?) - my only
recourse is to reboot (over and over) using the hard power switch on
the back (which brings up the "you really should shut down correctly,
idiot")....   but rebooting over and over seems to be the only way to
get both monitors working.

The screens are the Dell touch screens ETC sells with the board, so
it's all "genuine" hardware...  I don't have this problem with my
brand-new Element 2 (same monitors, or different monitors).... so I
don't think it's the monitors... just Windoze not "seeing" one of the
monitors...?  I always start up with the monitors in the same state:
powered "on," but in its sleep or low power mode.

Theories? Similar experiences?

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com